What questions can you ask a man to find out his true intentions without saying, "Chris, what are you going to do with me?"
When you meet a new man and you have a great connection, it's natural to wonder where he is emotionally.
he likes me, or am I imagining?
Does he see it somewhere in the future, or is it more of agood enough for nowLage?
If you're looking for a long-term relationship, you want to know sooner rather than later if he wants the same thing. Your time is too valuable to be wasted on a dead end. Summer flirting is great, but you've got romances to indulge and you're looking for the real deal.
That's why I've compiled a list of top questions to ask a guy so you can find out what his real intentions are without having to ask him directly what his intentions are and risk scaring him off.
Questions to Ask a Guy to Know His Real Intentions (If You've Just Started Dating)
1. What do you like and dislike about dating?
This question will help you discover how this man views the dating experience. Is he the type of guy who gets bitter and upset because he still hasn't found his perfect partner, or is he positive and sees each new date as an opportunity to meet someone new? His dating likes and dislikes will show you what is important to him in dating and what he is looking for.
2. Do you like being single?
You mayenjoy being single ebe open to finding a relationship at the same time. It's about seeing how comfortable he is inside and how desperate he is on a scale of 1-10 to mate. The sweet spot is a man who is content with being single but also wants to find someone to share his life with. Someone who enjoys snuggling up and snacking on the couch as much as going out to a bar on a Saturday night. Sense: Someone who loves boys night as much as they love date night.
3. What do you think of casual dating and dating?
One of the many great questions to ask a man to find out his true intentions. Of course, he could be lying to you, so remember to listen to what he's saying, but pay more attention to his actions. If he says he doesn't like dating and then invites you over to his house for the first date, he's probably telling the piggy.
4. Have you ever ghosted someone?
You mayTrust a man who fantasized about someone elsein the past?
There are three possible answers to this question:
- "No, I never ghosted anyone" when in fact he ghosted a woman last month. This man is a liar and doesn't have the courage to admit his mistakes. Time to say NEXT!
- "Yes I havespookywomen in the past, and I'm not proud of that." A much better answer, because while what he did isn't great; he takes responsibility for his actions.
- "No, I never fantasized anyone", and he's telling the truth because he's a super decent man who would never think of doing something like that. You have a rare gem in your hands.
5. What do your friends say about your love life?
Our friends and family can often see patterns and themes in our lives that we are not aware of. This question will help you understand the difference between howIt isthink your love life compares to what your friends think about your love life. Does he have a reputation for falling too quickly or jumping from one relationship to another without taking a breath? All great tips to give you a better insight into what motivates him and what his intentions are with you.
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Does he see marriage and children in his future? Does he plan to move cities or continents? Or would you like to found a company or expand an existing one?
This is one of the best questions to ask a man to find out his true intentions, as it will help him determine if you share his life values. If he thinks about quitting his job and traveling the world in a hot air balloon for the next five years, this is unlikely to turn into a long-term relationship unless he plans to have you join him.
7. How would you describe your ideal partner?
When faced with this question, it's hard for a man to lie about what he's really looking for in a woman - of course the truth will come out. Pay attention to what he says and whether his ideal woman fits his personality and lifestyle.
For example, if he says his dream girl is a Martha Stewart housewife (minus jail time), but you're a busy woman who loves her job, that probably won't work. When he gets home from work he wants homemade chicken casseroles on the stove that you can laugh out loud and say you expected the same from him!
8. Do you date other women?
On myLove Accelerator-Coaching-Programm, I emphasize to women that until you specifically have the conversation where you both decide to be in an exclusive relationship, you assume that you are single. And if you're single, you should keep seeing other people and qualify your options (I call thisLittle Love Step #4🇧🇷 So if you haven't already, he should be dating other women - a quality man will be dating other women at this point.
9. What do you think about long-term relationships?
Has he ever been in a long-term relationship (hopefully)? Does he like being in a relationship? What does he like best and does it line up with what you love too?
Beware of any man who says he doesn't like labels or thinks marriage is a sham. While it's perfectly normal not to want to get married, comments like this usually just come fromattachment phobia.
10. Are you looking for a serious commitment?
That way you can find out more directly if he is looking for something serious or not.he is looking for sex🇧🇷 Most men will be honest with you.
If hesaidYou, "I'm not ready for a relationship right now," don't take this as code for "The right woman would make me want to be in a relationship." Is not. He is honest with you about what he can (and cannot) give you. If he says he's looking for something long term, you'll have a more solid idea of his true intentions.
11. What is your biggest priority in life?
We all have countless areas of our lives to juggle (work, family, friends, health, hobbies, spirituality, etc.), and there will be times when we need to devote more energy to one of these areas than the other. That's life. But this question will help you see if he prioritizes relationships and family in general, or if work or personal ambitions always come first. An excellent follow-up question is to ask him why.
12. What is your biggest goal?
Your current goals will inevitably affect you. Let's say you're dating a tech entrepreneur building the next Facebook — this will inevitably affect his ability to engage in a relationship with you, and it will affect the lifestyle you can lead as a couple. He might have regular 18-hour days and sleep in his office several nights a week, while you're looking for a man who has time to take you to the ballet after work and snuggle up with you in Paris for brunch with coffee and croissants.
13. Are any of your friends peers?
This is one of the most important questions to ask a man to find out his true intentions for you, as it will give you a good idea of his current lifestyle and the influences he has around you.
If all of his friends are single and living together in apartments where they throw crazy parties that regularly last until 5am and are shut down by the police, he might not be in the mood for a relationship. But if most of his friends are a couple, living with their partner, married or with kids, he'll see how happy they are, which is likely to make him want that.
14. How many dates should people go on before sleeping together?
Another great question to gauge if he's looking for something casual or more serious. The more he's dying to jump into bed, the more likely he's looking for something casual.
If you want to know more about how many dates to wait before having sex with a man,check this article.
Questions to Ask a Man to Know His True Intentions (After 5-10 Dates)
1. What's the longest relationship you've ever had?
This is how you ask someone about their intentions without saying so directly. His answer to this question will tell you if he knows what a healthy relationship looks like, if he isemotional reif, and if he is boyfriend material. If he's constantly struggling to make things last longer than three months, he's either being ridiculously demanding or doing something that makes women leave him like hot pie.
2. Have you ever been in love?
As with the previous question, this will give you an idea of how quickly he falls in love and how many times he has fallen in love. Has he ever been in love? He thought he was in love, but now, looking back wisely, doesn't he think it was for real? His answer will tell you if he is open to finding love and ready for it.
3. Tell me about your last serious relationship?
This is right up there in important questions to ask a man to know his true intentions and where his head is at.
How long has it been since he last broke up?
If it's been less than six months, maybe he's still thinking about his ex, got married and broke up?
If not, don't get involved.
How long did the relationship last?
If it's been years, you know he's capable of maintaining a serious relationship.
4. Why did you break up?
This is a great follow-up question to the previous one. Who broke up with who or was it mutual? how is he talkingex them🇧🇷 With kindness or with bitterness and guilt? A man who wants to live in a healthy and lasting relationship will be aware of his mistakes and will take joint responsibility for his failed relationships.
This question will give you insight into his quirks, flaws, and mental state, as well as shed light on potential issues or issues that could affect your relationship with him.
5. What do you think is the best thing about being in a relationship?
How does he feel in a relationship and what is important to him? Is a relationship attractive to him because he's looking for a pretty woman to flaunt at charity events and iron his shirts too? Or is it better for him to have someone who is always there for him, cheering him on and loving him, even when he's sick in bed and hasn't showered in three days?
6. Do you worry about being in a serious relationship?
You're giving him a golden opportunity to survive if he's having trouble making a long-term commitment to you. The answer you are looking for here isno🇧🇷 But if he had a terribledisruption, it's okay if he's afraid of getting hurt again, as long as he doesn't let that fear control his life.
7. What does cheating mean to you?
This is one of those questions to ask a man that will give him a better sense of his moral code and boundaries, which directly affect his true intentions with you.
some people havedifferent ideas about what it means to cheat.
Do you cheat when you work out at the gym and notice someone you find attractive? you aremockwhen you flirt with a cute stranger at a bar? How about occasionally fantasizing about someone else during sex?
When he thinks about having sex with other women on another continentNocount it as cheating, that's your cue to go.
8. When do you think someone is ready to get married?
This isn't the most subtle question, but if marriage is important to you, it's a great question. If he gives you a certain age, think about where he is in relation to that age and whether that time frame is okay. Most people in the US marry between25 e 30🇧🇷 If he's in his 40s or older, there's a good chance he's divorced and may or may not want to remarry. But it's better to find out now than to invest heavily in this man only to find out months later that he refuses to walk down the aisle again.
9. Can you imagine having children?
It's himalready father🇧🇷 If so, does he want more children or does he already have a handful by five? If not, does he see children in his future or is he content with his life as it is now?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question; what matters is that you are on the same page. If your cats are more than enough company for you, but he's always dreamed of having a mini football team, he's not your vision of love (Little Love Step #2).
10. How do you feel about your time together?
Does he like to spend time with you? is he having fun Or does he not have much to say about it, or worse, avoid answering the question? So you lightheartedly ask him about his intentions. Yes, you're shaming him a little bit here, but after you've been on more than five dates with a guy, your relationship should develop organically, and that's a natural question to ask.
11. Where do you see this going in the future?
Wondering how you can ask a man what he wants? The last question on my list is to go the direct route and ask him where he sees the relationship. This is the best approach if he tends to avoid talking about the future because there's no way around it. He'll say where he sees things or he'll say he doesn't know, and that in itself is an answer because he's undecided.It isa decision.
Are you ready to define your relationship?
Once you know his true intentions, you might be ready to define your relationship. I call itLittle Love Step #6.
Avoid asking him, "What are we?" because that will give your power to him!
Editor's Note:Ready to attract love with a proven strategy? register for thisfree training to learn how to find it.
Also, don't avoid talking about the future and pray that one day he talks about it, or assume he must be on the same page as you - he could be on another planet.
Follow the three Rs:
- Tell him you're looking for somethingreal– You're not looking for anything casual.
- Calmhim that you like him - Men need to know that you like them.
- resetthe current relationship – what does he want and does it match his desires?
Don't stop dating other men until you've had this conversation and explicitly defined the relationship. Until you do, you are single and free to date other people.
Have you ever asked a man any of these questions to find out his real intentions? What happened? Tell me about it in the comments below!
- “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” ...
- “What are your feelings about long-term relationships? ...
- “What are your plans with me? ...
- “How are you feeling about our relationship? ...
- “Are you looking for commitment?” ...
- “When do you think someone is ready to get married?”
- He's consistent. Playing "hot and cold" is not part of his behaviour pattern. ...
- He gets a little shy around you. ...
- He makes plans and actually sticks to them. ...
- He makes you feel special. ...
- He opens up to you. ...
- He introduces you to his friends and family. ...
- He's not afraid of PDA. ...
- He drops the "L" bomb.
Wait until you've known him a while to ask this.
Typically, that means that he sees you as more than just a casual fling—but don't rush into it. Ideally, it should be his suggestion. However, if you've been seeing each other for a few months, asking this could give you an idea of what he thinks of your relationship.
- What's your all-time favorite movie that you've seen a million times?
- What did you want your job to be when you were a kid?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world and money wasn't an issue, where would you go?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Hang around with other guys and express your interest in one of his friends, to make him jealous. Jealousy will compel him to confess his feelings for you and make him realise that you will not always be available. You can always be direct and just ask him about his feelings for you.How do you test if a guy is serious about you? ›
- He Listens to You. If a guy is serious about you, he will really listen and he won't take anything you say for granted. ...
- He Makes Future Plans. ...
- He Checks Up on You. ...
- He Helps You with Any Problem. ...
- He Makes You a Priority. ...
- He Does Thoughtful Things. ...
- He Introduces You to His Friends.
- He lets his guard down.
- He wants to know more about you.
- He takes you to meet his family and closest friends.
- He wants to be around you.
- He values your advice and opinions.
- He is your biggest cheerleader.
- He defends you.
- Soon enough, you'll get a key.
It also means you are doing something with the other persons best interests at heart. It is not for any selfish reason, or for the desire of getting something in return, or earning brownie points, or even getting any kind of praise for it whatsoever! It is only for the greater good of all involved.What is the hardest question known to man? ›
So, what is truth? Philosophers have struggled with this question since the dawn of time, perhaps because it's the hardest question ever asked. The field of epistemology is the subdiscipline of philosophy that grapples it, along with the nature of knowledge itself.How do you play 21 questions with a guy? ›
Randomly choose one person to ask the first of the 21 questions, then move through the group until everyone has had a chance to answer. This is optional, but a player can “pass” on questions if they don't feel comfortable answering.
- What's been your highest point in life so far?
- What's been your lowest point in life so far?
- What makes you emotional?
- What makes you stressed?
- Do you believe in a higher power?
- If you had the power to know the date of your death, would you want to know?
- He initiates conversations. ...
- He keeps the conversations going. ...
- He asks questions. ...
- He tries to make you laugh. ...
- He drunk texts you. ...
- His spelling is pretty good. ...
- He doesn't always turn the conversation sexual. ...
- He tells you about his past.
I intend to open my heart, as fully as possible, and feel my partner's magnificent love. I intend for my partner and I to lovingly support each other in our individual dreams and goals. I intend that my partner and I both feel deeply and richly loved and supported by the other.
- What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
- If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
- Express gratitude and appreciation. ...
- Prioritize communication over complaints. ...
- Respect his personal space. ...
- Maintain an individual life outside the relationship. ...
- Don't feel insecure about his female friends. ...
- Put some effort into looking good. ...
- Try new things together.
- What are your personal goals?
- What kind of childhood did you have?
- What makes you insecure?
- What do you expect from a love relationship?
- What's the one thing you can't tolerate?
- What do you find attractive in a woman?
- What expectations do you have of yourself?
- What was your most memorable birthday?
He Stares Then He Looks Away
In any case, increased visual attention is a clear sign that he has feelings for and is very attracted to you. The fact that he's looking away is an indicator that the feeling is overwhelming to him, it may be a case where he's afraid of rejection or he's afraid of how you feel.
- When he looks at you, he can't help smiling. Once I was out with Sam in a cafe. ...
- He always finds excuses to talk to you or spend time together. ...
- He asks you a lot of personal questions. ...
- He remembers the little details about you. ...
- He always makes an effort to keep the conversation going.
In a relationship, one of the signs he doesn't value you is if he only calls when he doesn't have anything else happening. If he valued you, you would feel like you meant something in his life, appreciated, cared for, a sense of respect. You wouldn't be brushed to the side when a better opportunity comes along.What makes a man finally commit? ›
“A man will commit when he feels a deep connection with a woman that he doesn't feel with anyone else; when he finds a lover who is also his best friend that makes him feel special and unique,” Tripp says.
I make time to do things with my partner. I remember things that are important to my partner. I don't flirt with anyone but my partner. I celebrate traditions that are important to my partner.
The three intentions correspond to the three aspects of a speech act: locutionary, illocutionary and perlocutionary. The dominant approach in legal theory holds that legislative intent is a semantic (locutionary) one.What are some examples of intentions? ›
Some examples of intentions include: "Today, I will be present." "Today, I will eat healthy things." "Today, I will be patient." "Today, I will make conscious choices." "It's important that the intention be phrased as a positive 'I will' rather than a negative 'I won't,'" she explains.How do you know someone is playing mind games? ›
People who play mind games want a specific response from their partner or people around them. However, instead of requesting politely or telling others what they wish, they achieve their aim through mischievous and manipulative acts. They relish playing games with emotions rather than speaking out.What are the deepest questions? ›
- If you could magically change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What do you think of mindfulness?
- Do you think we'd be better off without social media?
- What do you think it means to be healthy?
- What do you love the most in life?
- Do you vote?
- Do you believe in karma?
- How long is your "now"?
- Do your dreams have a deeper meaning?
- What was the moment where you felt most motivated?
- If you won the lottery, what would your "today" look like in five years?
- What are you holding onto that's holding you back?
- “What Makes You Unique?”
- ” What are some random fun facts about you?”
- “What's Something You Want to Learn or Wish You Were Better At?”
- “Would You Rather…?”
- “Know Any Good Jokes?”
- 6.”What's Something That Bugs You?”
The premise of the game is simple: One person, called the “answerer,” thinks of an object. The other player — the “questioner” — asks up to 20 yes-or-no questions in order to determine what object the answerer is thinking about. If the questioner guesses correctly within 20 questions, they win.How do you play 20 questions with a guy over text? ›
To play the 20 questions texting game, one player must pick something from their imagination; it could be an object, place, or even an obscure celebrity. Then your friend will try to guess the object you chose in 20 "Yes or No" Questions or less.How do you get to know someone deeply? ›
- Ask genuine questions. ...
- Focus on questions that further a conversation. ...
- Avoid rapid-fire questions. ...
- Accept the awkwardness. ...
- Actively listen to their answers. ...
- Pay attention to how they respond. ...
- Stay present. ...
- Be honest.
- Why are you passionate about what you do?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?
- What do you think makes a good leader?
- Do you think money is important?
- What makes you the happiest?
- What is the most surprising fact you've learnt about yourself?
- What are you afraid of?
Use the straightforward approach. The day of the date, you can text something as simple as, “Hey, I just wanted to confirm that we're still on for tonight!” That's about as neutral and un-needy as you can get! It also assumes the best (that you are indeed still on for tonight).What are mixed signals from a guy? ›
In the context of relationships, mixed signals are when a person is expressing interest in someone while also simultaneously expressing a lack of interest or a desire to keep their distance, causing confusion for the other person.What are the signs of true relationship? ›
- You feel safe with them. ...
- They listen. ...
- They acknowledge your differences instead of trying to change you. ...
- You can communicate easily. ...
- They encourage you to do your own thing. ...
- You trust each other. ...
- They make an effort. ...
- You know you can collaborate or compromise.
- YOU ARE ABLE TO DISAGREE RESPECTFULLY.
- YOU ATTEND FAMILY FUNCTIONS.
- YOU CONNECT IMMEDIATELY.
- YOU SHARE EVERYTHING.
- YOU'VE SAID "I LOVE YOU"
- YOU MAKE TIME FOR EACH OTHER.
- YOU SEE A FUTURE TOGETHER.
- YOU'VE PRACTICALLY MOVED IN TOGETHER.
Tip 2: Get clear on your intention
What is the purpose of what you are wanting to say? What is the need or value that is important to communicate? Is there a more honoring way of saying it? What is the impact of what I want to say on the relationship?
- What do I want to feel more of in my daily life?
- What do I want to feel when I wake up in the morning?
- What do I want to feel when I go to sleep at night?
- What do I want to be more of to my family / friends / co-workers / social circles?
- Closed questions (aka the 'Polar' question) ...
- Open questions. ...
- Probing questions. ...
- Leading questions. ...
- Loaded questions. ...
- Funnel questions. ...
- Recall and process questions. ...
- Rhetorical questions.
- General or Yes/No Questions.
- Special or Wh-Questions.
- Choice Questions.
- Disjunctive or Tag Questions.
- He stares at you a lot. ...
- He may act awkwardly around you. ...
- He pokes fun at guys you are dating or have dated. ...
- He is interested in you as a person. ...
- He goes out of his way to make you happy. ...
- He asks your friends about you. ...
- He gives you genuine compliments. ...
- He remembers details about you and your life.
- They Do Thoughtful Things For You Just Because. ...
- They Care About What's Going On In Your Life. ...
- They Make You Feel Like What You Say Really Matters To Them. ...
- They Remember The Details. ...
- They're Open & Honest With You. ...
- They Respect Your Boundaries.
Intent testing is a concept testing method that helps you get an early indication of how your business idea performs with your target audience.