If you're reading this, it's probably time to wish your dad a happy birthday! He may not remember your friends' names (as always), but he's the one who taught you everything from the art of cracking jokes to when to change your oil (btw, when was the last time you checked?) - and he deserves some celebration.
If you find it almost impossible to findperfect gift for dadbelieve me, you are not alone. Aside from giving you the absolute best gift (ahem, your existence), nothing says "ILY" like a special birthday wish - whether you write it on his birthday card or post it on your Instagram. But no matter how much you love the guy who taught you to ride a bike and yelled at you at the kitchen table while you did your math homework (IYKYK), finding the right words can be a little tricky.
Luckily, all you have to do is grab a photo and/or card and I have a special birthday message. Whether you want to correct his dad jokes or write something heartfelt and sweet,birthday inscriptionsand the following wishes will ensure that you will definitely be a favorite child. Oh, and if you still need itLast minute gift for dadgo along, we have you there too.
Funny birthday wishes a rival makes fun of dad
- Happy Birthday Dad. Enjoy another year of reminding me to change my oil!
- Today was born the MVP of bad dads who jokes and I don't know my friends' names.
- HBD to the person who gave birth to the coolest person (me).
- Don't worry about getting old. Soon you won't be able to remember your age anyway!
- I brought you the best birthday present: me!
- In honor of your birthday, you can tell a dad joke today. A!
- Happy birthday to the guy who put up with all my teenage fears.
- Don't hurt yourself blowing out all those candles, man!
- Um, we might need a fire department for all those candles on your cake.
- Happy birthday to the man who always said yes when mom said no.
- I'm sure I'm your favorite child, but since it's your special day, I'm not going to put you in your shoes and make you say it out loud!
- Don't worry about getting old dad - does it just mean you're getting smarter or is that what people say to make getting old sound better?
- All the best for your special day! After all, you helped give birth to the best man in the world.
- Don't party too much, old man!
- Let them eat the cake. And by them I mean you!
- It's your job to put up with me all year, so now it's my job to celebrate your birthday.
- Happy Birthday Dad. When I grow up I want to be like you… but hopefully with more hair!
- Happy birthday to the best dad ever! It's party time... at least until 10:00 at night.
- When it comes to bad dad jokes, you really are the best. Happy Birthday!
- Dad, I can never repay you all...literally. Instead, I'm posting this picture on IG for your birthday.
- To the man who always taught me right from wrong, how to ride a bike and how to shoot a beer, happy birthday!
- HBD to my main man who fully knows I still don't understand 401(k) plans and the first down but still wants to spend time with me.
Warm wishes that will make him feel his feelings
- Happy birthday to the epitome of what a good father should be.
- May your birthday be filled with joy, laughter and the sounds of cracking open a cold one.
- I am so thankful for another year around the sun with you, Dad.
- Your birthday will always be one of my favorite days (right after my birthday, but you know what I mean).
- Happy birthday to the reason I am the person I am today.
- I am lucky to have a dad who is also my best friend. Happy Birthday!
- Sending you birthday wishes wrapped in all my love.
- No one understands me like you do. Happy Birthday Dad!
- Happy birthday to the kindest, smartest, most loving person I know.
- Happy birthday to the man who touches the lives of so many and makes things brighter wherever he goes.
- You live a life worth celebrating every day. Happy Birthday, Pops!
- Birthdays are always fun, but your birthday is the best, Dad!
- For my real ride or die - I hope your birthday is as special as you make me feel.
- As the years go by, I know there's one thing I can always count on and that's you, Dad.
- Life is so much better with you, so thank you for sticking around. Happy Birthday!
- When I was younger, I thought you were a superhero. Now that I'm older, I know you are!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a proud son/daughter to have a daddy like you! Happy Birthday Dad.
- You deserve the best birthday and the best year ever, Dad!
- Happy birthday to a man with a heart of gold.
Short and sweet birthday letters
- Happy birthday to my loved one (don't tell mom).
- In honor of my dad's birthday today, here's a photo from the past to prove he was always cooler than me.
- Happy birthday to Lionel in my Sofia.
- HBD to the king of dad jokes.
- 🎉🎁🎂 @ Tata
- Today is my dad's birthday!! He may never remember any of your names (as he always does), but you better wish him HBD anyway!
- Happy birthday to the real Phil Dunphy. We don't deserve you dad.
- Greetings to the first man I ever fell in love with. Happy Birthday Dad.
- Maybe I'm a little biased, but I think I have the best dad in the world.
- I am grateful to be this man's child. HBD, Dad!
- I love you 3000, dad!
- Happy birthday to the man who taught me everything I know.
- Happy birthday to someone who is truly one of a kind.
- Well done to my favorite partner in crime.
- Go baby, it's your birthday!
- Dad, life is better with you. Thank you for everything.
- Happy birthday to my hero.
Birthday wishes from his beloved daughter
- Happy birthday and thank you for never telling your mom that I was secretly dating!
- Yay to the man who's always there when I need a shoulder to cry on (and sorry for the mascara smudges).
- I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have a dad like you.
- HBD to the best father a girl could wish for.
- Thanks for being a dad to my Eleven… you know, without all these weird government experiments or whatever.
- Few daughters are blessed with such a wonderful dad as mine.
- I will always be your little girl.
- Cheers to the most supportive father a girl could wish for.
- I'm lucky to have a dad like you. Happy Birthday, Pops!
- Happy birthday to the man who was unfortunately right about all my exes.
Birthday wishes from his beloved son
- A lucky son like me has only the best birthday wishes for a wonderful dad like you.
- Happy birthday to the man who taught me everything I know.
- Happy birthday to the greatest role model a man could ever dream of.
- You are the man I aspire to be. Happy Birthday, Pops!
- Happy birthday from the happiest son in the world.
- Like a father, like a son is all I wanted to be. Happy Birthday Dad!
- HBD for the man I'm going to steal all my dad's jokes from.
- Happy birthday dad and thanks for not telling mom when I stole the car.
- Salute to the greatest father who shaped me into the person I am today.
- Happy birthday to the man I look up to the most, no matter how tall I am.
Chaise Sanders is an associate editor atCosmopolitanwhere it covers everything from entertainment to lifestyle. Before joining Chaise, he was an editor atLife in the countryside(also a member of the Hearst family) where he interviewed celebrities such as Dolly Parton, LeAnn Rimes and even Martha Stewart. As one of the youngest residents of the Big Apple, there's a good chance you'll catch her hitting up an Insta-worthy coffee shop or spending big $$$ at thrift stores.
What is the best message for birthday for dad? ›
- Happy birthday, Dad! ...
- Thanks for being my rock and my shelter. ...
- Today, we celebrate the guy who keeps us all together. ...
- Happy birthday to the best dad in the world! ...
- A dad like you deserves a great birthday. ...
- Happy birthday to the kindest, most courageous dad I know!
- “The day is all yours — have fun!”
- “Happy birthday to my ride or die. ...
- “Thinking of you on your birthday and wishing you everything happy.”
- “Best wishes on your birthday – may you have many, many more.”
- “Cheers to you for another trip around the sun!”
- “Today is about you. ...
- “Happy birthday!
“Another year older, and you're still taller than me” “Happy birthday, you're one year closer to adulting” “You're not getting older, you're just approaching the expiration date” “Happy birthday, enjoy your cake before it becomes your diet”How do I make my dad feel special on his birthday? ›
Give your dad a relaxing day at home if he wants to unwind.
For a more laid-back approach, let your dad have some down time on his birthday. Rather than him doing household chores or yard work, volunteer to do them instead so he can relax. Give him a book or his favorite movie and tell him to rest.
- There's no better role model than you, Dad.
- There's no one I'd rather look up to than you.
- I'm so proud to be your daughter/son.
- You're my one and only dad, and you'll always have a special place in my heart.
- Dad, you've made all my favorite memories.
- Happy Father's Day to my biggest hero.
“Happy birthday to the most wonderful person I know.” “Wishing you all the love, happiness, and blessings you deserve on your special day.” “I hope your birthday is as wonderful as the memories we share.” “Wishing you a birthday that's as wonderful as the person you are and a year that's filled with love and laughter.”What is the best line for birthday? ›
- Hope all your birthday wishes come true.
- You bring light and love into my life. ...
- Forget the past; look forward to the future, for the best things are yet to come.
- Life is a journey. ...
- Happy birthday! ...
- You have to get older, but you don't have to grow up.
- Happy moments.
Meaningful Birthday Messages
“This birthday, I hope you know how loved and cherished you are by all of us.” “I am forever grateful that you are in my life and I hope your birthday is everything you wished for.” “I wish I could celebrate you every single day. That's how much you mean to me today and every day.”
I hope you enjoy your day. Every moment with you is very dear to me, and I am glad you are mine forever. Today is a special day because someone special was born on this day years ago. I wish you a wonderful birthday full of grandeur moments, laughter, and eternal happiness.Can I say happiest birthday to someone? ›
Formally, it would be grammatically correct to write “I hope you have the happiest birthday ever!” But birthdays are fun and informal, so it is correct to say, “Happiest Birthday Ever!” This would mean you want their birthday to be happier than it has ever been before.
How do you start a happy birthday letter? ›
- Start, of course, with your warmest congratulations. ...
- Be direct and express your wishes for the person, but do not over-exaggerate with superfluous praise. ...
- Include a small section on your history with that person - what they mean to you, and what you have been through together.
- Kindness. Above all else.
- Understanding. Of yourself and others.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, even when it's hard.
- Love. Yourself, others, our World.
- Health. Physical, mental, emotional.
- Wisdom. Physical, mental and emotional. ...
- Creativity. ...
- A Sense of wonder.
Explanation: Words like birthday, anniversary, reunion and gala are lowercase.How do I make my dad feel appreciated? ›
- Plan a special outing. ...
- Ask them for advice. ...
- Present them with the story of their life. ...
- Be sure to share your good news. ...
- Give them an embossed gift. ...
- Make peace with them (and the past)
Show your dad that you love him. Speak to him in caring words, in a warm tone of voice, or show him affection through hugs and kisses. Some dads don't like being too affectionate and even you might find it strange to be physically affectionate. Know that caring human touch is a basic need.How do you write a few lines about your dad? ›
- My father's name is Raj Sharma.
- He is a loving person who takes care of my entire family.
- He is an Engineer and is a very hardworking person.
- He is an intelligent person who answers all my questions.
- My father respects his own parents, my mother and each member of my family.
I will always love you for your guidance, comfort, and encouragement. More than a dad, you have been my playmate, hero, coach, and mentor. You always pushed me to become the strong person I am today. I cannot thank you enough for the endless love and support you showered upon me all these years.
- Thank you for always being a friend I can count on. ...
- Wishing my bestie the absolute best on their b-day!
- Cheers to more fun, more memories, and more cake! ...
- I can't think of a better gift than your friendship — happy birthday!
- Cheers to another trip around the sun!
Heartfelt is used to describe a deep or sincere feeling or wish. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all the relatives. Synonyms: sincere, deep, earnest, warm More Synonyms of heartfelt.Why is it important to wish someone a happy birthday? ›
They are an occasion for joy and an excellent way to express gratitude to someone. They serve as a reminder that we are aging, but they also represent how far we have come. When we celebrate someone's birthday, we don't just honor their life span, we also honor their growth as an individual.
What is a golden birthday quotes? ›
- All that glitters is gold.
- Today you will glitter like gold.
- Today you get all the gold stars.
- Enjoy your special golden birthday.
- May all you touch turn to gold.
- You are gold baby, solid gold.
- Stay golden.
- You sustained one more year. Congrats!
- I wish you a happier birthday than anyone else has wished you.
- Didn't we just celebrate this like a year ago?
- Happy birthday, champ.
- Don't count the candles, enjoy your day.
- Happy you day.
- Age is just a number.
- I'm glad you were born.
HBD is an acronym for Happy Birthday.What does best birthday ever mean? ›
When you wish someone “all the best,” you are hoping that all the best things happen to them. So if you wish a friend “all the best” on their birthday, you hope their days ahead are filled with good luck.How do you say thank you for birthday wishes? ›
- Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! ...
- I'm so grateful for the thoughtful birthday messages and kind wishes from everyone at work. ...
- Thank you to my amazing colleagues for the birthday wishes!
“Wishing you a happy birthday and a wonderful year.” “Our whole team is wishing you the happiest of birthdays.” “Happy Birthday and all the best to you in the year to come!” “Wishing you a relaxing birthday and joy and happiness in the year to come.”What is happiness for a parent? ›
While there are many things you can do to ensure your happiness — as a person and a parent — the happiest parents are the ones who celebrate achievements, both their own and those of their children. Happy parents do not focus on shortcomings or failures; instead, they take pride in what has been accomplished.How do children appreciate their parents? ›
Remind your parents about something they did that meant a lot to you or tell them a story about your favorite childhood moments. Tell them how you feel. Simply saying “I love and appreciate you” is the ultimate way to express your appreciation for them.How do I start my birthday essay? ›
My birthday is the most special day in my life. I love my birthday since my parents give me gifts on that day. I cut a cake and have a party with all my friends. This year I got a bicycle for my birthday, and it is the best gift I have received so far!What is the best birthday prayer? ›
As we celebrate your birthday, I give thanks to God for placing you in my life. May your day be filled with joy, reflection, and hope for the year ahead, and may He continue to bless you and watch over you all the days of your life.
How do you write a happy birthday paragraph? ›
- Happy birthday! I love your eyes. ...
- Happy Birthday! ...
- Every time when I see you, I fall in love with you all over again. ...
- Today is your day, so light up the candles and make the greatest wish! ...
- Congratulations to the love of my life, I hope the very best wishes for you on your big day!
- Hand-made gift card. Forget store bought cards. ...
- Show him your report card. via GIPHY. ...
- Ask him about his childhood. ...
- Thank him for his guidance. ...
- Study with you. ...
- Play a game with him. ...
- Talk with him. ...
- Cook for him.
- Hugs and kisses.
- Draw him a picture.
- Make him some coffee.
- Make him a medal.
- Take him to a baseball game.
- Let him sleep in on the weekend.
- Play cars.
- Don't be sassy.
If you share that precious bonding with your dad, just write it down on paper. There can be no better way to express your feelings than to write a letter. Give your best and pen down the beautiful experiences of life that you have shared with your dad. Try to make it presentable by using the special handmade paper.What is a simple birthday prayer message? ›
May God bless you on your birthday, and always. Happy birthday to you! Today I celebrate the life that God has given you, and give thanks to Him for the many blessings you bring to my life. May the LORD bless you on your birthday, and may your day be filled with joy and your year full of many blessings.What is the best short prayer? ›
“Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.”What are the 3 powerful prayers? ›
The prayer of protection. The prayer of transformation. The prayer of restoration.